Monday, March 1, 2010

My First Weigh In

Drum roll please.......I am 5 pounds lighter than I was last week at this time and I AM THRILLED!
I had some BAD days last week. Thursday found me FAMISHED by 5 pm and all of my calories consumed. My self-talk quickly kicked in and I started belittling myself, telling myself I was foolish to think I could ever lose weight or control my eating. I gave in to my temptations and had a big bowl of cereal, which isn't THAT bad of a snack, but I was grumpy with a capital G for the rest of the evening.

Friday was Bob's day off and he suggested we go out for lunch.
"No" I said. "Everything I eat has to come out of a box. I'm too fat and stupid to eat like normal people."
He continued to encourage me. We did end up going out to Pablo's and I had a half of a chicken quesadilla (which was fabulous by the way). I also treated myself to some ice cream because I was really craving it. I usually have ice cream several times a week so I figured once was pretty good. It did the trick. It kicked a craving I was having and I felt like I wasn't being deprived.
So, thanks to God's mercy on my pathetic personhood I have this good news to report.
That fuels me for this week to see what I can do. My goal...3 more pounds.

No comments: