Friday, April 3, 2009

Back Home

My lemon ricotta pancakes were out of this world!! Bob had blueberry something pancakes which were fabulous as well. We enjoyed a long, lingering breakfast and some great coffee and stood out on the deck at the restaurant, trying to embed the view into our minds. We had a brief workout in the exercise room at the hotel and then sat out by the pool reading. We headed back to Phoenix and did a little shopping. We met my brother Dean, who drove up from Tucson, at the Cheesecake Factory. Bob and I split the Chicken Maidera (FABULOUS!!). You simply can't go to this restaurant and not get a slice of cheesecake. I'm drooling as I'm writing. Bob had vanilla bean, Dean had lemon/raspberry, and I had peanut butter/chocolate fudge. We had such a great time just visiting and drinking coffee. This is one of my favorite memories of the trip.
We arrived back to Iowa around 12:30 pm, welcomed by snow flurries. We arrived back home around 2:15 and it all started up again. We had to pick Emmy up from school at 3:30, go to Logan's conference at 4, drop him off at Junior Players at 4:30, take Emmy to dance class at 5:30, pick Logan up at 6:00, and pick Emmy up at 6:45. We did manage to fit in a trip to Target as well. Back to the old grindstone that inspired this trip in the first place. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
Until later...

No comments: