Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 4

We started our morning with a hike around Slide Rock Park. For those of you familiar with Decorah, its kind of a like a God-made Cut; gorgeous, gigantic rocks that have fallen from the cliffs onto a running creek. Had the weather been warmer, it would have been fabulous to walk around in the water but not yesterday. We have been surprised by the weather. The mornings start out in the upper 30s and peak around the upper 60s in the afternoon.
We spent about an hour at Slide Rock and then went to Huckaby Trail. If you look at the photos I posted yesterday you will see a huge expansion bridge. It is so high up I can't even describe it. I was so nervous and off balance up there I was certain I would fall to my death. Anyway, we started at the top of the trail just under the bridge and hiked down to the bottom of the canyon. There is a picture of the bridge from underneath so you can get an idea of how high it is.
We ate lunch at a great Mexican restaurant called Oxaca. I had a delicious portabello and spinach wrap and Bob had a hamburger and fries. I teased him that you can't order that at a Mexican restaurant but he said my wrap wasn't very "south of the border" either. Good point.
We spent the afternoon poolside at the hotel, enjoying some sun on our final full day in Sedona.
If you haven't been here you MUST see this place. As I blog, I find it difficult to not use the same words over and over again. The beauty here is inexplainable (sp?) and I never will tire of it. We talked about wintering here when our kids are grown but that will probably be a good 15 years from now.
This morning we are bypassing the free hotel breakfast and headed out to Wildflower Bread Company again to enjoy some lemon and ricotta cheese pancakes cuz I heard my brother loves them (Hi Mikey!!)
Until tomorrow...

No comments: