Monday, February 22, 2010

Join Me

I, am fat. I, am tired of it but apparently not tired enough. I am almost at the highest I have been while not pregnant. About 8 years ago, I joined Jenny Craig and lost 27 pounds. It was not difficult at all. I was "in the zone". In September of 2001 I finally got pregnant with my 4th and last child. I was thrilled. My OB GYN said that the 1200 calories I was eating each day was not enough and I needed to eat more. No problem. I over did it. I have gained back nearly all of the weight I lost on JC and I could kick myself if I could lift my foot that high. In the last 5 years I have gained probably 15 pounds. ARRGGGHHH!!!
Bob and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary in April and booked a trip to Sanibel Island in Florida, leaving on April 22nd. I am excited except for the fact that I will need to wear less clothing than these comfy, well-covering clothes I have on in the winter. I am terrified. So, I figure I have 2 months from today to loose some weight. My goal is 15 pounds which is very do-able in that timeframe. Not to say I don't have more (much more) to loose but I feel that's a reasonable goal.
I will share my journey and look for accountability partners through my blog.

I don't have a problem with exercise. I exercise pretty much everyday and switch up between my treadmill and DVDS. This morning just before 5 am Bob and I did the Biggest Loser Last Chance DVD which took us about 40 minutes. Then I got on the treadmill for 30 minutes.
Eating went really well. This is usually my downfall. I just eat and eat and eat. Usually, mindlessly. I'm shooting for 1200 calories a day and I think today I landed around 1000 which is VERY VERY unusual for me. What works for me is to not write down what I ate but to write down each morning what I WILL eat. I was so busy at work today that I didn't have time to eat lunch until 2 something and then I figured it was too close to dinner to eat lunch so I snacked on some baby carrots and fresh broccoli. LOVE IT! I have been eating Healthy Choice meals for lunch and supper which make it easy to keep track of calories.
So, thanks to answered prayer, today was a success. My first step on this ride. I am thankful that God distracted me enough to not have my mind on food to much today. One day down, about 59 to go.

1 comment:

The Farwells said...

Good for you Janice!! Proud of you. Be sure to keep me posted!