Thursday, June 26, 2008

Back Home

I don't know what got into me but somewhere between my last post and before we boarded the plane to head for home I picked up some kind of 48 hour bug. I started to feel sick shortly after breakfast and while I complained that we were once again seated in the very last row of the airplane it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We were as close to the bathroom as we could be and I could discreetly hustle in there as needed, which ended up to be about 5 times during the flight from Las Vegas to MPS.
I felt nauseous, had body aches and chills, and other symptoms I don't care to discuss right now. We didn't get home until about 11 pm on Tuesday evening and I slowly climbed into bed for what I thought would be some serious sleep. I awoke many times during the night trying to fight the urge to puke. I won that war but Wednesday found me better but still very tired and weak. I did muster the energy to climb onto our Club Cadet and mow for a few hours. I figured if I just had to sit I would be alright. Towards the end of the day my energy slowly returned and I cranked out about 4 loads of laundry, with more waiting to be done.
I did the math and I figured with 6 people in my family with each of us wearing at least 1 outfit per day for 8 days that equals 48 outfits. Wow! I didn't realize we owned that many pieces of clothing.
We are sitting here now looking at our expenditures for the trip and I think we did pretty well. I would list them but that seems kind of weird but if anyone is interested I'm happy to share. (Why anyone would be interested, I don't know but, hey, who knows??)
Back to my realty...running kids, pulling weeds, cooking, mowing, giving orders, cleaning...you know the drill. Glad to be home!!

3 comments:

jfajdfakjfkjasdf134234124 said...

Make sure you post some pictures :) I hope you feel better soon.

michaelg said...

I think Curt caught your bug, or something similar. He's been down all day. :o(

janban said...

I'm sorry to hear that! Its yucky. I think I was still feeling some of it a week later. Hope he's feeling better!!