Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summertime


Does it seem to anyone else that this summer is whizzing by? I took 3 solid weeks off work this year. I did it last year and it was wonderful. I thought it would be the same this year. Actually, since the middle of May, I have only been to the office about 5 times due to some scheduled vacation, my dad's death and to flooding that forced my office to close. I return to work on Monday and I can't say I feel well rested. The vacation we took was fabulous but not extremely relaxing.
On Saturday we took our 3 youngest children to my in-laws where they will stay until tomorrow evening. We drove to MPS after dropping them off and stayed at my brother's place where we were finally able to slow down and unwind. It was a wonderful visit.
Tomorrow my kids return and on Saturday daughter #1 leaves for camp until the 13th. On July 12th, my husband's birthday, both my sons leave for different camps, one to work and the other to play. It won't be until August 3rd that all my ducks are back in the nest. I just love it when we can all be together. Its kind of unsettling for me to go to bed without everyone being close by. I guess its a mom thing.
For those of you who have never seen or met my ducks or husband, here you go.

3 comments:

Cheesecake Maven said...

THAT is a great family photo! Saw M this past weekend at sister's house, he was sick as a dog! But said the visit from you and Linda was a blast!

janban said...

We did have a WONDERFUL time at their place. What great hosts!! I hope he did not get his illness from me. I think Curt picked up what I brought back from vacation. Probably the last invitation I'll get from them!!
Will their be a cheesecake booth at the Fest this year??

Mnmom said...

What a beautiful family!! You my dear are one gorgeous Mom.
Poor MG indeed left my house green, barfing and sweating profusely. I called him the next morning and he was just fine.