Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July in Iowa


Now here is a common sight this time of year in our wonderful state....A teenager forced into exhausting, physical, horrible labor commonly known to us midwesterners as detassling. My poor daughter! She entered into this experience for the first time last year and swore/promised she would NEVER do it again. Somehow, either out of force or reason, she was convinced (threatened) that she should try it again. The hook...a guy she had a crush on was going to be joining her crew!! That did it. She started, albeit quite reluctantly, on Tuesday.
Bless her heart, she rises at 5 am, catches the bus at 6 am and didn't return home today until 5:30 pm. She is a true sweetheart, with the unbelievable wit she inherited from my mom and never, ever complains. I love her!!
I'm certain she will thank me when she receives that big, fat, juicy check in the mail in a few weeks. OOHHHH I'm a good mom!?!

3 comments:

jfajdfakjfkjasdf134234124 said...

Jenna better get his number quickly before someone else grabs him! Maybe she should wear something that will catch his eye.

janban said...

Jenna says I lied, she doesn't like him anymore, and he has a girlfriend. Yeah right

Mnmom said...

One of my twins is also detassling. She's so desperate for spending money . She leaves the house every morning with her lunch pail and her sunscreen. What a trouper.