Saturday, August 9, 2008

Home Alone

Not really alone, I guess. My husband and oldest son left for a week long backpacking/hiking trip to Wyoming today. This will be weird. We are not used to being apart for very long so I am a pretty dependent, pathetic excuse for today's liberated, self-sufficient woman. What can I say? We make a pretty great team.
I am here with my other 3 children and have taken most of the week off of work. Wednesday we head out to a nearby amusement park and I'll be dropping off the youngest 2 at grandma's for a few days.
What is in store for me? Of course I have a ton of things I think I'll accomplish such as weeding my many, many flowerbeds, painting a room or two, cleaning out our junky office to make room for some new office furniture I've ordered. How I will every find another place for this stuff is beyond me but I'll give it a try.
I hope to blog about my week, what I get done, what I don't get done, what I find I don't know how to do (that my husband usually does), if I hear any funky noises during the night etc. Should be an interesting week!! Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

brenda k said...

Ah, I look forward to a week of your blogging! I was hoping you would take a vacation or something again soon! Very entertaining with my morning java!