Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ouch!!!


My husband called a day early. Seems they awoke to 3 inches of snow yesterday morning with no let up in sight so they decided to descend the mountain earlly and head back. They drove as far as Laramie, Wyoming and spent the night at a hotel where they were able to shower and get a good nights sleep. Seems Bob didn't get a lot of shut eye. I guess that's what happens when you're used to sleeping with a fan every night.
They have a 12 hour drive in front of them today and plan to arrive here around 9 tonight. Yippee!! I better get to work today and pick up this place.
The picture above is of my husband's heels after their FIRST day hiking. OUCH!!!

3 comments:

michaelg said...

What was he hiking in? New dress shoes?? That looks SO painful.

janban said...

$160 hiking boots!! (He got them for $49.) I guess they weren't broken in very well, huh? His legs are SO scratched up too. Looks like he was attacked by a tiger or something.

brenda k said...

WOW! I agree with Mike! Now he needs to take his little swiss army knife and cut holes the size of quarters in the back of those boots so he can get home! I hope he brought sandles for the journey back!