Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day Two

I survived my first night without hubby. One down, 7 to go.
My 6 year old daughter said we had better be bed buddies since I didn't have anyone to sleep with last night. I woke up at about 1:30 am without her in my bed. I thought that a good mom would go and look for her offspring if she was missing so I found her in her bed whimpering that she misssed daddy and her toe hurt. I hustled her back into my bed and we tossed and turned for another hour before we fell back to sleep again. I awoke around 6 am and silently slipped out of bed while she snored. I REALLY need time alone in the morning to get my thoughts together so I was hopeful. As the coffee perked I could hear her footsteps upstairs. She was awake too early, again.
She was coming down with a cold so I recruited son #2 to stay home from church with her. Daughter #1 and I went on to church but before we left I found 6 year old passed out in her bed, snoring.
We got home from church, had lunch and I took my usual nap. My naps are about 20 minutes which is just enough time to take the edge off.
Around 3:15 son #2 and I took an hour long bike ride. What a perfect day!! I got nice and sweaty but it was worth it. I think that's the first time I have been on my bike this year. Wow! That's pathetic.
I spent early evening pulling weeds and giving the mosquitos a snack of myself while doing so.
Children #2 and #3 are at youth group now so I need to pick them up.
Hopefully tomorrow will go as smoothly.
THINGS I DID TODAY THAT HUSBAND USUALLY DOES:
1) Put soap in the dispenser that is attached to my kitchen sink. (I feel like I'm playing twister when I'm doing this.)
2) Set a mole trap. (I think I did this correctly but probably not. Time will tell.)
More tomorrow!!

No comments: