Friday, August 15, 2008

Senior Moment

I had a few minutes to kill this morning so I stopped by the high school to register the kids for school. It went something like this.
Him: "It will be $35 for registration. Does your son drive to school?"
Me: "Yes."
Him: "That will be $20. Is he in orchestra or band?"
Me: "Yes."
Him: "That will be $15. Oh, I see he is a senior. Would you like to pay for his cap and gown now?"
Me: Who punched me in the stomach, I'm thinking? Of course not. He's only a little boy. Are you kidding me?
Realizing I'd better get used to this and other senior moments, I put on my big girl panties, and say, "Yes, I guess so."
I limped out of the office and went on my way, wounded, but surviving.

THINGS I DID TODAY WITHOUT MY HUSBAND
1) removed a major stick from the lawn mower blades (I broke a nail in the process.)
2) did something with the dryer vent
3) relocated and reset the mole trap (No, I haven't caught that booger yet but i'm NOT giving up!!)

No comments: