Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm coming up for air

Hey! Its me. Popping in to say to hello to anyone who may be reading my blog (although from the looks of it, my audience is teeny tiny). Anyway, along with the cooler weather has come an onslaught of countless activities my children; i.e. piano lessons for 3, ballet/tap for 1, soccer for 1, some type of computer thing for 1, marching band for 1, Greek classes for 1 etc. You know what I'm talking about because you're probably doing it too. Comes with the territory and I will miss it when they're gone I'm sure.
I do have to share something unusual about myself...I have taken up the cello!! I LOVE the deep, rich tone of a beautiful cello and its one of the things I wanted to do when my children got older. Well, they're older and so am I. After Mom and Dad died, it dawned on me that I will too and there are some interests I have that have gone unattended to and I don't want to live a life of regrets so here I am... a cellist.
I'm so excited AND I can play Jingle Bells so I'm all ready for the holiday season.

4 comments:

The Farwells said...

That's awesome Janice! Good for you for doing something for yourself while you are so busy with everything else! Looking forward to hearing that cello in church sometime! =) Katie

michaelg said...

You can be the entertainment at Christmas! I could pull out my violin and we could do a duet. Sweet!

janban said...

Don't forget Lucas' viola! Like I said, as long as its Jingle Bells, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, or Lightly Row.. I'm in.

Cheesecake Maven said...

My daughter plays cello too! I LOVE THE SOUND, there's nothing like it. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!