Monday, May 25, 2009

Countdown Day 5



Only 5 short days until my son's Graduation Open House. We started this remodel/addition with the understanding it would be nearly done in time for the open house. I didn't realize we would be cutting it so close. I've posted a picture I took yesterday. Looks pretty hopeless, I know. Today we have oodles of teenagers running around on our roof putting down shingles. They hope to finish today since rain is coming tomorrow and Wednesday. I'm losing my mind. This is not what I had expected but it is what I have feared. We have a great contractor, no real complaints there. I just can't take it when things are down to the wire and I have no control over them.
We had a lovely time at Lucas' commencement ceremony last week. We got front row seats and he was seated very close to us. We were told the event would take 3 hours, what with over 420 graduates. It only took 25 minutes to distribute the diplomas and the whole thing was over in 1 1/2 hours. Sweet! The bad news is that we believe we left our video camera there. Not sweet! My hubby feels horrible but I have this sense we will get it back. The facility hasn't been open since we realized it was missing so it may have been turned in and we just don't know it yet. We hope and pray it will be returned to us.
I can't wait until Sunday when this is all over. I have been planning this for months and have really been impressed with my organizational skills. I believe it will all come together by 2 pm on Saturday but did I mention my 7 year old has her dance recital on Friday evening and we have a parade Saturday morning that my 3 youngest kids are in? Sunday can't come soon enough.

No comments: