Saturday, May 30, 2009

Exhale

Its done and I feel like I can breath again. We had a lovely turn out this afternoon with weather beyond what I could have hoped for. We had delicious Chinese food, yummy goodies, a 16 gallon keg of root beer and dear friends and family surrounding us. It was perfect. How blessed we are to have people in our lives who will take an afternoon/day to drive to our home to honor our son. I am humbled. I feel like I can get back to real life and can finally resume a sense of normality.
As I watched my son interact with our guests, I was so proud of him. He is a nice young man whose goal is to serve God with his very life and to translate the Bible into languages where there currently is none. I love him! I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to parent him and I feel like he turned out so well in spite of us. I can take no credit but thank God that I am a part of his life.
Now, off to bed with a lighter heart and enough Chinese food in the freezer to last until winter.
Good night!!

No comments: