Friday, May 29, 2009

One more day

It will all be over tomorrow. I tell you what, if you've not had a child graduate yet, this whole thing is ALOT of work. I'm wondering why no one has told me that.
I would say all of my free time in the past 2 months has been filled with getting ready for this open house. Maybe I should have been doing a lot of this during the past 18 years, organizing pictures etc. I was NOT able to find a series of his school photos I had been looking for for the past few weeks. I have been praying all week that I would stumble across them. Late last night I asked my daughter if she thought these other things I was looking for were in her closet. She pulled out a box and lo and behold those photos were in there! God cares even about the little, insignificant things.
The addition is not coming along as planned but I have to make due with how it is.
Tonight is the ballet recital and tomorrow morning, the parade. I'm excited to visit with family and friends tomorrow but Saturday night I will sleep well I'm sure.

1 comment:

Bling for the King said...

I totally know the stress of getting finished with an open house. It is a wonderful gift to your child, just take a nap and some time with God to reflect on your future dreams and prayers for your son. I must have listened to that Mark Harris song a hundred times and bawled my eyes out, even before the open house. I will say a little prayer for you...