Wednesday, January 28, 2009

....And Wait Some More....

We have been waiting and waiting and waiting to receive a letter from Moody Bible Institute in Chicago to see if my son has been accepted into their program. He submitted his application in November and they were to have mailed out a reply January 15th. We heard nothing. Finally on January 22, my son emailed them and was told they hoped to get the letters sent out that day. Still, we heard nothing. On Monday my husband phoned MBI and was told the letters were sent out last Friday. When my hubby got home, he phoned me to tell me there was a letter from Moody on our counter.
"Is it thick?" I asked him. "I don't know." he said. I got home, too, and examined the letter. I held it up to the light to see if i could see ANYTHING. It was thicker than one page but not by much.
We promised Lucas we would not open it until he got home but I could hardly stand it. FINALLY, he arrived home and opened the letter and it said...........
"We have deferred your application.....".
WHAT?? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? The letter went on to say that some applicants got an acceptance letter, some were denied admission, and some, like my son were deferred. This means that they are waiting until the next round of applicants to submit their papers which are due March 1st. They will look at that pool and take what they want from them and deny some others. Basically, if they aren't full after that round, they will again consider or accept my son. Long story short, we have to wait until mid-April to hear anything for sure.
I don't know what I'm going to do with myself until then. I think God is trying to teach us patience which I need a good dose of.

4 comments:

michaelg said...

Deferred? I've never heard of that. What are his other options? Tell Lukie to hang in there.

brenda k said...

Yepp. Hang in there. My favorite author writes about patience, "Patience is not your ability to wait, but your ability to maintain a postive attitude while you wait." So, you will be fine! Without question you have a great attitude for patience!

Sorry we didn't get to talk too long yesterday! We'll have to touch base next week a day when I am home (providing your son is there to dial the phone!) ;-) have a good Thursday!

janban said...

Mikey: He will apply at UNI and maybe some other places in case he gets denied from Moody. Also, should I mark my calendar for the first weekend in June for GAGBRAL?

Bren: I was going to tell you we will be in town on 2/7 (pending the weather) and was wondering if we could get together then.

brenda k said...

Yes yes - give me a call. I dont know of anything we would be out of town for at this point! Just call my cell :-)