Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lots of useless information racing around in my head

My husband says my mind is like a computer screen that battles to stay on task or topic due to numerous pop-ups. Its funny how I can be talking to him about something and instantly, without missing a beat, I am on to something else that just "popped up" in my head. Then I get mad and think he's an idiot because he can't follow along. Its not easy being me.
My husband also says I'm PMSing. (Is that a verb??) I really didn't think I had a problem with such things but, you know, I'm pretty sure he's on to something. These last few days I have been ON EDGE. It seems like my kids voices are akin to fingernails on a chalkboard and they are amplified times 4. I am snippy and sullen and VERY tired. Also, I can't seem to eat enough. If I told you what I had eaten before noon today it would shock you. It seems like I can't possibly get full today. Ladies, what is your verdict...PMS or just being mean?
Also, I was thinking about toilet paper today. I just came from Target and noticed my old brand was on sale. I used to buy Cottenelle 12 double rolls. Its usual price is $7.69. WHAT A RIP OFF! It's paper for heaven's sake. What kind of a mark up is that??? Anyway, my husband convinced me to try the Target Premium toilet paper, again 12 double rolls which is regularly priced $6.29. I was pretty sure it would be like sand paper and would certainly irritate our dainty behinds but it is excellent and I will save $1.50 every time I purchase TP for my family.
Speaking of family, 13 years ago tonight my hubby and I were at our friends home. It was a Sunday afternoon/evening and we were watching a football play off game I believe between the Packers and Bears but I digress. I was VERY pregnant with child #3. We left our friends home around 7:30 that night. By 9 pm I arrived at the hospital, which fortunately, was about 2 blocks away, and just 35 minutes later I had a baby. What a hoot! We called our friends about 10:20 that night and said, "Hey, guess what I just did?"
The first thing the nurse said after he was born was the usual, "Its a boy." The second thing was, "He's got dimples." He was a little spitfire but smart as a whip.
He didn't sleep all night until he was nearly a year old. I remember many, many nights I would just sit on the couch sobbing out of sheer exhaustion. I was SO tired. He was our 3rd child in just 4 1/2 years. At 18 months he already had the motor skills to work a mouse with ease. I remember one day we were stopped at an intersection and he said, "Look Momma, "No right turn on red." I was stunned that he was reading at 3 1/2. Now he's the king of computer games etc. and an absolute blessing to our family.
So we will venture out tonight to his favorite restaurant to celebrate him and remind him of how thankful we are for him.

2 comments:

brenda k said...

My vote is PMS since this is obviously not your regular state of mind! If it makes you feel any better - I have been eating the house DOWN today. I think we'd probably have a pretty good buffet menu if we compared notes. I finally got a Diet Pepsi out of the basement and put an end to the feeding frenzy - for now anyway! Congrats to the birthday boy! I'm curious what his favorite restaurant is?

janban said...

We usually end up at Texas Roadhouse where typically we all order Chicken Critters. have you been there before? If not maybe when you come down.....