Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What to say, What to say......

I feel a serious obligation to blog on a fairly regular basis. I enjoy it; its an outlet. So why have I not posted anything in a week and a half? I just don't have much to say, I guess.
What's going on here? HMMMM let me see. We are waiting to hear if my oldest has been accepted into the college of his choice. Letters will be sent out on the 15th of this month. Child #2 is busy with school work and has pep band about 2 nights per week. Also, she has a terrible fear of driving. She MUST! She MUST! She has zero confidence in herself and is afraid she will kill someone. What shall we do with her?
Child #3 got cast in a community theatre play which will deliver its performances the first weekend in March. This means from now until then we will be driving to rehearsals and performances 34 times. I'm tired already. By the way, he turns 13 next week which means I will have 3 teenagers in the house!!
Finally, child #4, my little spitfire, has a history of eye problems. We had an appointment today and it looks like we will be playing pirate with an eye patch again for a few weeks to see if we can get her lazy eye in check.
Also, sometime this week, we will be adopting a new dog. I still don't know exactly how this happened. Apparently a friend of my colleague has a mother who is moving into an assisted living situation and needs a home for her bichon or it will have to go to the Humane Society. (You know what can happen there.) Anyway, I'm not really a "dog person". I wouldn't swerve to hit one, mind you, but I just am not completely crazy about dogs. This will be our 3rd. At least none of our dogs will shed and that is of utmost importance to me. We had a German Shepard for several years. He was my husband's police K-9 and I promise you I vaccuumed (sp) at least 2 times per day. Hair was everywhere so I vowed not to have anymore shedders. We should be getting Gigi this week sometime. Just what I need, a little more action!

2 comments:

brenda k said...

Kudos to you taking in the poor little homeless GiGi. I nearly ended up with an "Archie". A little daschaund that had been owned by some college kids and they abused him and got him drunk about every other day. It nearly enrages me to even type that. Anyway - my co-worker went on to tell me that Archie already had been adopted by a very sweet man so he was out of the woods.

I wonder why your daughter is scared of driving? Or what was it that initiated her fear of killing someone? I wonder if she heard about something or watched a news program or something? A very valid fear though. My mother always hated to drive.

michaelg said...

Killing someone with our cars is WHY we have insurance, isn't it? At least she's not dying to drive the car. That could present a whole other set of problems.
You're very good to adopt a little Bichon. Keeping them white can be a challenge.