Saturday, March 28, 2009

Here we sit

at the Eastern Iowa Airport waiting for our flight to Phoenix. I'm starting to relax and look forward to this adventure finally. Its always hard to leave the kids but I know they are in good hands. I told Emmy that when she sees the moon to know that I'm seeing the same one and she can call me and we will talk about it. I have left notes in strategic places for each of them. I miss 'em already.
Two years ago today I had an interesting experience. I was walking back to my office from a meeting at another building when I was hit by a school bus, a big, yellow school bus. It hit me in the back of my right leg and ran over my toes. Thankfully, a few of my co-workers witnessed it and it happened to occur right next to the police department so one of them immediatly got my husband.
As it turned out, I didn't break any bones but I have been having trouble with my knee ever since. I am no longer able to run which is a great disappointment. At the time of this injury I had hoped to start training to run 5Ks, as this was on my bucket list. So I vacilate between being so thankful that my injuries weren't any worse but being hugely frustrated with the limitations I now have.
At least now I have something to offer when I am at a get-together and we go around the room and say something that is unique about each of us!! Can anyone beat that????

No comments: