Thursday, March 26, 2009

Why is going on vacation so much work?

Bob and I are leaving on Saturday morning and catching a flight to Phoenix. From there we will drive to Sedona to enjoy a few days of rest and fun. Can't say I'm looking forward to it at this point cuz there is too much to do to get ready for the trip.
There is a wonderful woman from our church who has "adopted" our family as her own and vice versa. She is 78 years old and is best friends with my 6 year old. She has agreed to take on our kids while we are gone.
These last few days before we leave are full of laundry, making/freezing meals, grocery shopping, and writing out a schedule of who needs to be where when. I am happy to report I am able to fit into most of my summer things. I hope the glare from my white, Norwegian skin doesn't blind any one. I better whip out the sunless tanning lotion.
I will try to post a day by day, play by play of our trip to, first of all, give Brenda something to do while she's having her coffee, and to let the kids know what we are up to.

2 comments:

brenda k said...

Don't think for a second I had forgotten your trip! Some of your most entertaining, inspiring and interesting posts were written while you were on vacation!

You are so lucky to have someone to entrust with your children for that amount of time! That is such a huge gift on so many levels. Wow!

Have fun! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

janban said...

We are grateful for Marilyn. She is a widow and her daughter lives a few hours away so I think we each fill a void in each others lives.
If you would like to be on the list of potential "childwatchers" just say the word.